The people of Mararikulam, a sleepy fishing village between the Backwaters and the Arabian Sea, live in mud-walled huts with steep roofs of palm thatch secured by coir rope. Most of the men are fishermen and can be seen dragging their boats up the beach and hauling in the catch on most days. The village has a long, wide beach with a shady hinterland of grass and palms.
Features in the following itineraries
- Boutique South India: From Chennai to Cochin
- Classic Kerala Holiday... Beautiful Beaches & Balmy Backwaters in South India
- Essential India... Our Comprehensive Tour of North & South India
- Grand Tour of South India... Our Signature Family-friendly Holiday
- Tamil Nadu & Kerala... A Luxury Tailor-made Tour of South India
The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.Rudyard Kipling