Situated in the very heart of the Okavango Delta, the Moremi Game Reserve is made up of 3,900 square kilometres and has deservedly been voted ‘best game reserve in Africa’ by the prestigious African Travel and Tourism Association. Formed in 1963 by the marvellous and foresighted Mrs Moremi, wife of the late Chief Moremi III, the area was declared a National Park and boasts one of the richest and most diverse ecosystems on the continent.
Its exquisite floodplains, waterways, lagoons, grasslands, mopane forests and rivers make for some of the most spectacular game viewing in Africa. There are over 400 species of birds, many migratory and some endangered. Both Black and White Rhino have recently been re-introduced making the reserve a ‘Big Five’ destination which doesn’t disappoint. There are only a few camps and lodges within the reserve, all of which offer amongst the finest and most awe-inspiring experiences in the safari world. For the ultimate in glamping, there is no better place!
Features in the following itineraries
- A blockbuster journey through Southern Africa’s sizzling hotspots – Cape Town, Okavango Delta and Victoria Falls
- A Classic Botswana Circuit – Wildlife, Waterways and Great Value at Moremi, Okavango & Chobe
- A Grand Safari Migration – Follow in the Footsteps of Botswana’s Giants
- A Luxurious Family Holiday to Botswana – Let the Kids’ Safari Dreams Come True
- The Perfect Botswana Honeymoon – Champagne, Waterlilies and a huge dollop of Romance
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Matthew Nicklin, North India