Ampersand's Top 10 Beach Destinations in Asia
As a company, Ampersand specialises in cultural tours which mix luxury with authentic experiences… however, we are the first to acknowledge that there are times when all you want from your holiday is to stay in one place and unwind by a beautiful beach at a charming property…
We have therefore chosen our favourite beach properties for a one-destination trip, whether you want to hide away in a cosy private house, sip cocktails at the beach bar, or enjoy some quality family time…
1. Best for party atmosphere: W Retreat, Koh Samui, Thailand
* from £1,057 per person for 7 nights
Unashamedly sleek and sexy, W Retreat is the place to see and be seen on Samui – ideal for grown-up sun and fun seekers!
2. Best for luxury tented adventure: Amanwana, Moyo Island, Indonesia
* from £1,948 per person for 7 nights
Glamping at its best (“tents” have hardwood floors and AC), Aman perfects the luxurious colonial-explorer vibe on the far-flung pristine shores of Moyo island nature reserve.
3. Best for luxury and service: Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam
* from £1,284 per person for 7 nights
The Nam Hai’s iconic three-tiered swimming pool and soft white sands are perfect for a dose of extreme pampering. And just 15 mins away, Hội An is a lovely old fishing village decorated with colourful lanterns and crumbling temples.
4. Best for local culture: Amanwella, Tangalle, Sri Lanka
* from £1,489 per person for 7 nights
Amanjunkies will love the understated glamour of the Amanwella. Enjoy seafood BBQs on their stunning beach, which has the added charm of local fishing boats and swaying palm trees.
5. Best for families: Oberoi Lombok, Indonesia
* from £1,868 per person for 7 nights
Less developed than neighbouring Bali, Oberoi Lombok is an idyllic family hangout with long sandy beaches, scuba diving, snorkelling, hiking, great food and a unique culture to discover.
6. Best for authenticity (and affordability!): Marari Beach, Kerala, India
* from £378 per person for 7 nights
For an alternative and atmospheric beach break, we love watching the fishermen come ashore at Marari Beach (or Mararikulam) in Kerala. This laid-back resort consistently gets top score in Kerala from our clients.
7. Best for white sand and see-through seas: Cocoa Island, Maldives
* from £1,270 per person for 7 nights
Barefoot luxury at its best, Cocoa Island’s beautifully designed white-washed ‘boathouse’ villas are the perfect springboard to dive into these literallyaquamarine lagoons, teaming with colourful marine life and coral. And the massages don’t come any better.
8. Best for eco-luxe romance: Song Saa Resort, Cambodia
* from £2,582 per person full-board for 7 nights
For something brand new, environmentally friendly and utterly spoiling, head for Song Saa, Cambodia’s first ultra-exclusive island resort with Maldives-style villas jutting out over the clear, azure waters of the Koh Rong archipelago.
9. Best for a short-haul beach break: Amanruya, Bodrum, Turkey
* from £2,530 per person for 7 nights
One of Aman’s newest additions (which we’re thrilled to be able to include as an “Asian Mediterranean” property as it is on the Asian side of the Bosphorous), this sexy hideaway means that summer holidays in Europe are sorted for the foreseeable future. Enjoy Turkey’s beautiful South-Western coast and make the most of nearby world-famous architectural sites of Didyma, Miletus, Priene and Ephesus.
10. Best for seclusion and charm: Elsewhere, Goa, India
* from £632 per person for 7 nights
The Ampersand team don’t just visit this private hideaway for research purposes, we come here for our own holidays with our friends and family…. Set on an idyllic spit of land overlooking the ocean, ‘Elsewhere – The Beach House’ is a simple but charming 3 bedroom Portuguese-style house with just the friendly staff, fishermen and egg-laying turtles for company… bliss.
Please get in touch to speak to a consultant who has been to your preferred property: + 44 (0) 207 289 6100 / firstname.lastname@example.org