New Job Opportunity at Ampersand Travel: Southeast Asia Sales Consultant
Ampersand Travel specialises in luxury tailor-made tours to the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia and the UK. We sort the true travel gems from the semi-precious ones and show our clients their chosen destination in a unique and distinctive way. Our aim is to make the holiday planning, as well as the holiday itself, utterly luxurious and fun. Based in Battersea, we are a lively and hard working team of 8 people with a genuine passion for the destinations we sell.
We are looking for a competent and spirited graduate to join our team as a Southeast Asia sales consultant. The ideal candidate will have lived or travelled extensively in the region and have a good knowledge of its geography, culture and cuisine. If interested, please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Skills / responsibilities:
– Communicate clearly and effectively in person, by phone and in writing
– Good IT skills
– Create well researched tailor-made itineraries that showcase the company's style, destinations and hotels
– Look after a client from the enquiry stage right until their safe return home
– Have a good head for numbers
– Have sound judgement when evaluating destinations, hotels, experiences and suppliers with respect to what is found locally and internationally
– Write accurate and attractive descriptions of hotels, destinations and experiences
– Build and develop long-lasting relationships with clients and suppliers
– Maintain and develop existing company destinations by keeping up to date with changes and through the discovery of new hotels, experiences and suppliers
– Have an interest and understanding of hotel design, architecture and the art of living well!