26 Thursday May, 2016
Ampersand Travel specialises in luxury tailor-made tours to the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia and the British Isles. We sort the true travel gems from the semi-precious ones and show our clients their chosen destination in a unique and distinctive way. Our aim is to make the holiday planning, as well as the holiday itself, utterly luxurious and fun. Based in Battersea, we are a lively and hardworking team of 11 people with a genuine passion for travel.
We are looking for someone who is competent and spirited to join our team as an Office Assistant. If interested, please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com.
The role will involve assisting in a busy and thriving office environment, supporting colleagues across a range of departments and carrying out general clerical duties:
- Supporting the Finance Director in his role, assisting with accounts
- Logging invoices into data system, and Fx conversion where relevant
- Vendor Statement reconciliation
- Accounts & back office filing
- Reconciliation of Director’s expense account
- Company Credit Card reconciliation
- First data renewal – yearly online
- Sage entry level (Debtors & Creditors control account)
- Checking & updating Sales on monthly basis.
- Banking & PDQ reconciliation.
Human Resources (HR):
- Updating staff holiday/leave planner and keeping on file record of holiday requests including sick call records.
- Keeping an updated inventory of items in the office
- Ordering office supplies and keeping on top of stock
General Office and Administrative Support:
- Answering the phone, new telephone enquiries and taking messages
- Writing, posting and addressing client birthday cards from consultants
- Updating the board – clients travelling, departing and returning on a weekly basis
- Writing Questionnaires and Welcome Home letters for clients returning
- Preparing final docs, with sleeves, luggage tags and address labels
- Ordering more luggage tag bags when they run low
- Helping Louisa with maps when needed
- Updating website itinerary database
- Contacting BT for IT support
- Arranging meetings for James/Moiz and putting them in the calendar
- Organising individual monthly catch ups between James and the team
- Being on hand for members of the team with administrative or time consuming tasks
- Banking & Post (cheque & Letter)
- Assisting James in a personal assistant role, prioritising his requests
- Drafting letters when needed
- General office filing, scanning, printing, organising