Li'An Lodge is one of Ampersand's Top 10 Secret Gems.
Struck by the beauty of the Longsheng rice terraces, artist Keren Su returned to the area to open the Li-An Lodge. A unique hotel with spectacular views of the terraces, Li'An was built using only traditional Chinese pegs and grooves; not a single nail was used during construction. There are 16 specifically designed rooms, all with views of the rice terraces.There are no cars or roads in this lovely village, only stone footpaths to lead people from one place to another at a leisurely pace.
Features in the following itineraries
- Leslie Siben, India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India