The Peninsula Shanghai is one of Ampersand's Top 10 Lux City Hotels.
Our number one property in Shanghai. The Peninsula offers the complete package for a perfect stay. Its location at the very top of Shanghai’s iconic Bund, means that this focal part of the city can be explored by foot directly from the hotel; we recommend taking a stroll at night to take in the world-famous view of Pudong’s skyline – which can also be viewed from the hotel in a selection of its rooms and the jaw-dropping Sir Elly’s bar on the hotel’s rooftop. Rooms are near perfect and incredibly spoiling and comfortable with every detail considered, including perfect lighting, free international calls, valet box and spa settings in the large bathrooms. Triple glazing means that whatever your view (and all are good, even if not of the Bund) you will have a tranquil and relaxing stay even though you are located in the heart of the city. A large and light filled swimming pool and elegant spa and health club make this an urban retreat. Two bars, lobby lounge and two restaurants provide many options. Breakfast in the lobby can feel a little frenzied at times, so for those looking for a calmer start to the day we would recommend in-room dining.
Features in the following itineraries
- A Gastronomic Tour of China
- A Jewish Heritage Tour of China
- An Educational Adventure: The Perfect Family Holiday to China
- Cultural China - A Beginner's Luxury Tour
- Following the Silk Road in China's Wild West
- India & China; Past, Present & Future
- Retracing the Ancient Tea and Horse Caravan Trail
- South of the Clouds - Delve into China's Yunnan Province
- Unrivalled luxury with The Peninsula Hotels
There are no foreign lands. It is the traveller only who is foreign.Robert Louis Stevenson