Grand Tour of North India... Our Favourite Luxury India Holiday
17 days from £8,800 per person
Enjoy an extended tour of northern India, which has been designed to reveal the highlights of this fascinating and enigmatic region. Start by exploring the majestic capital city, Delhi, followed by the sacred city of Varanasi and Khajuraho, famed for its extraordinary carvings, before arriving in Agra, home of the Taj Mahal.
Continue your journey by exploring the regal state of Rajasthan, whose fascinating history is told in innumerable fables and evidenced by its towering forts and dramatic scenery. Take time to explore the cities of Jaipur and Jodhpur and track tigers in Ranthambore National Park. Your final stop will be the fairytale lake city of Udaipur.
No two places on this unusual tour are alike, and together they span many centuries of Indian history and form the backdrop to landmark events such as the birth of Buddhism, Mughal invasion and rule, epic Rajput battles and British imperialism.
This luxury holiday is purely a suggested itinerary. It can be booked as it is or alternatively used as a starting point for creating your own perfect tailor-made tour of India. If you'd like to see similar trips, take a look at our Epic Journeys and Honeymoon collections, as well as our favourite Family-Friendly, Spa & Wellness, Trains, and Wildlife itineraries.
17 days from £8,800 per person
- Day 1 - The Imperial Hotel - Delhi
Arrive in Delhi and transfer to your hotel. Afternoon sightseeing tour of Old Delhi.
- Day 2 - The Imperial Hotel - Delhi
Sightseeing tour of New Delhi. Afternoon at leisure with a car and driver at disposal.
- Day 3 - Nadesar Palace - Varanasi
Fly to Varanasi. Attend early evening aarti ceremony.
- Day 4 - Nadesar Palace - Varanasi
Dawn boat ride on the Ganges. Afternoon tour of Sarnath.
- Day 5 - The LaLiT Temple View Khajuraho - Khajuraho
Fly to Khajuraho. Afternoon tour of temples.
- Day 6 - The LaLiT Temple View Khajuraho - Khajuraho
Morning sightseeing in Khajuraho. Afternoon visit to Panna National Park.
- Day 7 - The Oberoi Amarvilas - Agra
Drive to Jhansi via Orchha. Afternoon train from Jhansi to Agra.
- Day 8 - The Oberoi Amarvilas - Agra
Visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise. Afternoon sightseeing tour of Agra.
- Day 9 - SUJÁN Sher Bagh - Ranthambore
Drive to Bharatpur via Fatehpur Sikri for train to Ranthambore.
- Day 10 - SUJÁN Sher Bagh - Ranthambore
Morning and afternoon game drives.
- Day 11 - Rambagh Palace - Jaipur
Drive to Jaipur. Afternoon at leisure with car and driver at disposal.
- Day 12 - Rambagh Palace - Jaipur
Full day sightseeing Jaipur and Amber. Evening private elephant safari and dinner.
- Day 13 - Umaid Bhawan Palace - Jodhpur
Drive to Jodhpur. Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 14 - Umaid Bhawan Palace - Jodhpur
Half day sightseeing tour of Jodhpur. Afternoon at leisure with car and driver at disposal.
- Day 15 - The Oberoi Udaivilas - Udaipur
Drive to Udaipur. Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 16 - The Oberoi Udaivilas - Udaipur
Full day leisure.
- Day 17 - In transit.
Day at leisure. Evening flight to Mumbai , connecting with onward flight home.
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Anonymous, India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Matthew Annable, Rajasthan, India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka