Himalayan Odyssey... North India's Finest Monasteries, Temples & Spas
15 days from £5,800 per person
A delightful tour starting with the incredible Golden Temple in Amritsar, followed by travels through the scenic foothills of the Himalaya stopping at some of the most important sites of the region, both spiritual and cultural. These include Dharamsala, the home of the Dalai Lama where Tibetan Buddhists have settled and built numerous monasteries and temples. Pragpur is a delightful rural heritage village where a converted manor house will be your accommodation for the next couple of nights.
Shimla, a former British hill-station, is a scenic stop where the Oberoi Cecil hotel echoes the Raj period. The final stop of Haridwar/Rishikesh is one of the most important pilgrimage sites for Hindus in India, due to its location on the Ganges River. One night is spent on the river itself soaking up the spiritual atmosphere before heading into the hills for a stay at a luxury spa hotel where one can practise yoga, meditation, enjoy spa treatments and take short hikes in the surrounding hills.
This private tour can be booked as it is or alternatively used as a starting point for creating your own perfect tailor-made holiday to India. If you'd like to see similar itineraries, take a look at our Epic Journeys and Honeymoon holiday collections; as well as our favourite Family-Friendly, Spa & Wellness, Mountains & Trekking and Active itineraries.
15 days from £5,800 per person
- Day 1 -
Take a connecting flight to Amritsar and transfer to your hotel. Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 2 -
Take a full days sightseeing including the Golden Temple and the Retreat ceremony at the Wagha border.
- Day 3 - Chonor House - Dharamsala
Drive to Dharamsala, home of the Dalai Lama, visiting the Norbulinka Institute en-route. Afternoon free to explore.
- Day 4 - Chonor House - Dharamsala
Morning sightseeing tour of Mcleod Ganj including the Dalai Lama's temple. Afternoon at leisure to relax.
- Day 5 - The Judge’s Court - Pragpur
Drive to Pragpur. Afternoon leisure to explore the heritage village.
- Day 6 - The Judge’s Court - Pragpur
Full day at leisure.
- Day 7 - The Oberoi Cecil - Shimla
Drive to Shimla. The rest of the day is at leisure.
- Day 8 - The Oberoi Cecil - Shimla
Enjoy a ride on the famous toy train today, followed by sightseeing of the town.
- Day 9 - The Oberoi Cecil - Shimla
The day is free to explore or relax.
- Day 10 - Shaheen Bagh - Dehradun
A long but scenic drive to Dehradun today.
- Day 11 - The Haveli Hari Ganga Hotel - Haridwar
Morning drive to Haridwar. Afternoon sightseeing tour of Haridwar and Rishikesh. Evening Aarti on the banks of the Ganges.
- Day 12 - Ananda in the Himalayas - Rishikesh
Late morning drive to Narendranagar. Afternoon leisure.
- Day 13 - Ananda in the Himalayas - Rishikesh
Full day at leisure to enjoy the hotels spa facilities and take scenic walks in the surrounding forested hills.
- Day 14 - Trident Gurgaon - Delhi
Transfer to Delhi and spend the afternoon at leisure.
- Day 15 - In transit.
- Leslie Siben, India
- Anonymous, India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Matthew Annable, Rajasthan, India
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India