The Ultimate Laos Adventure Tour
17 days from £3,990 per person
Enjoy an extended tour of Laos, which has been designed to reveal the highlights of this delightful country. Crossing via its southern border from Thailand enter the Four Thousand Islands area of islets, rocks and sandbars to the far south of the country. The archipelago has stunning waterfalls, rare flora and fauna including a species of freshwater dolphin and a host of almost forgotten Khmer temples built long before Angkor.
Next, fly to the capital Vientiane with its impressive Wats and large markets. Next discover a world bursting with ethnic diversity and colour, rich with unusual tribes and customs in Muang La home to the Hmong and Iko people. Continue your journey surrounded by gilded temples, elegant monasteries, French colonial houses and saffron robed monks collecting alms in the enchanting former capital of Luang Prabang.
Travel on to Phonsavan, the gateway to the mysterious Plain of Jars, an impressive archaeological site where hundreds of large stone jars are scattered all over the plateau. Drive through limestone peaks and jungle to Vang Vieng before spending a night in Vientiane and flying back to London.
This luxury holiday is purely a suggested itinerary; it can be booked as it is or used as a starting point for creating your perfect tailor-made tour of Laos. If you would like to see similar trips, take a look at our collection of Active and Family-Friendly Holidays, as well as our Multi-Country itineraries.
17 days from £3,990 per person
- Day 1 - In transit
Afternoon flight to Bangkok
- Day 2 - La Folie - Si Phan Don
Fly to the Laos border and drive to the Xi Pian National Park.
- Day 3 - La Folie - Si Phan Don
Activities in Xi Pian National Park
- Day 4 - La Folie - Si Phan Don
Transfer to the Four Thousands Island Area.
- Day 5 - Settha Palace - Vientiane
Transfer to Pakse for a flight to Vientiane. Afternoon tour of Vientiane
- Day 6 - Settha Palace - Vientiane
Full Day tour to the Nam Ngum Lake
- Day 7 - Muang La Resort - Muang La
Fly to Northern Laos and transfer to the Muang La Resort
- Day 8 - Muang La Resort - Muang La
Activities in Muang La Village
- Day 9 - Nong Khiaw Riverside - Nong Khiaw
Drive through tribal villages to Nong Khiaw.
- Day 10 - Villa Maly - Luang Prabang
Cruise from Nong Khiaw to Luang Prabang, arriving in Luang Prabang in the late afternoon.
- Day 11 - Villa Maly - Luang Prabang
Spend the morning watching alms giving to Luang Prabang's monks, visiting the local market and enjoying a refreshing dip in the Kuangsi Falls.
- Day 12 - Villa Maly - Luang Prabang
Visit local ethnic tribal villages before seeing the arts and ethnology museum.
- Day 13 - Villa Maly - Luang Prabang
Day at leisure
- Day 14 - Auberge de la Plaine de Jarres - Phonsavan (Plain of Jars)
Travel by road to Phonsavan (The Plain of Jars).
- Day 15 - Villa Nam Song - Vang Vieng
Travel by road to Vang Vieng.
- Day 16 - Settha Palace - Vientiane
Visit the Nam Tham Jang Caves before travelling to Vientiane for the night.
- Day 17 - In transit
Early morning flight to London via Bangkok.
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Susan Ford, India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India