Experience an early morning alms giving ceremony in Luang Prabang, an ancient Buddhist tradition. As the sun rises, stand alongside locals as they line the streets donating food to orange-robed monks.
Luxury Festivals & Events in Asia
Destinations in Asia are often at their best during festivals: local people in friendly holiday-mode, streets awash with colour and the chance to see centuries-old traditions played out in front of you. In Sri Lanka the Perahera Festival is characterised by beautifully decorated elephants and in India, the exhilarating festival of Holi allows you to join in and get enveloped by brightly-hued powders.
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Leslie Siben, India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Matthew Nicklin, North India