Garden Terrace is one of Ampersand's Top 10 Secret Gems.
By all accounts this is the superlative place to stay in Nagasaki. Designed by Kengo Kuma, it impresses from the start with the contemporary pinewood exterior leading to the sharp but elegant modern lines of the suites.
Situated a little out of town but easily reached by car or shuttle bus, most rooms overlook the beautiful bay with sliding doors and terraces so you can really drink in the view. Service is of a very high standard and this is one of the few hotels outside of the big cities where you will find most staff speak English. The French and 'teppanyaki' restaurants here are so good that you won't mind the distance from the city.
Features in the following itineraries
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Matthew Annable, Rajasthan, India