Hotel Nikko Kanazawa
Kanazawa doesn't have any hotels to rival Tokyo and Kyoto - yet - but the Hotel Nikko is a more than comfortable stay particularly when taking more spacious rooms on the 'Luxe' floor. It is now just two and a half hours from Tokyo to Kanazawa on the new Hokuriku Shinkansen, and a five minute walk from the bullet train to the front door of the hotel, the tallest building in the stylish redevelopment of Kanazawa's station complex earlier this century.
A fine selection of Teppanyaki, French and Japanese cuisine can be found at its own restaurants, and the sky bar offers the best views of the city. As with all but the top hotels in Japan, don't expect staff to speak much English, but service standards are high.
Features in the following itineraries
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Matthew Annable, Rajasthan, India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India