Hiroshima and Miyajima
Sekitei is one of Ampersand's Top 10 Luxury Ryokans.
Although it is a ten minute shuttle bus ride from Miyajiama port, the drive is worth it for the sheer tranquillity of the Sekitei looking out over the inland sea to Miyajima. With just five rooms, guests are assured of close but not overbearing 'omotenashi' Japanese service and the peace and quiet of the beautifully landscaped central garden.
Our favourite rooms are the maisonettes with separate sleeping, living and seating spaces as well as baths which look out at the view but maintain privacy. Generous traditional dinners with fresh catch from the sea of Japan can be enjoyed in-room, and the sister restaurant Ueno Anagomeshi back by the port is also highly recommended.
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Matthew Annable, Rajasthan, India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India