Pakse is the transport hub of the south and a gateway for exploring the southern Laos Mekong. It is the capital and most populous city in the southern province of Champasak, making it the third most populous city in Laos. It does retain some pockets of French era character however unfortunately these are slowly being swallowed up by urban sprawl. The town does have some good restaurants and a few markets.
Features in the following itineraries
To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Matthew Nicklin, North India