The Taj Mahal Palace
The Taj Mahal Palace is one of Ampersand's Top 10 Lux City Hotels.
This landmark hotel is situated on the waterfront in downtown Mumbai, facing the Gateway of India and the Arabian Sea. Built in 1903, it is a Victorian extravaganza which has been sensitively refurbished to maintain its character as Bombay's 'grand dame.' Excellent restaurants, a choice of lively bars, an array of designer shops and good service can be found throughout the hotel, which, despite its size, remains a distinct city institution. We recommend the Sea Lounge overlooking the harbour for people watching, afternoon coffees and delicious chaats (Bombay street food). The swimming pool, located at the back of the hotel, is a wonderful place to while away an afternoon as many of the shaded lounges offer views of the hotel's wonderful heritage facade. A new wing was added in the 1970s and has more functional, business type rooms. Complimentary Wi-fi is available.
Features in the following itineraries
- A Jewish Heritage Tour of India
- A Royal Visit to North India and Bhutan
- ABC of India: Art, Books & Culture... An Arty Tour of North India
- Ancient India: A historical Journey through Central India
- Diwali - India's Festival of Lights: November
- India & China; Past, Present & Future
- Taj Palace Tour... The Ultimate Indian Indulgence
- The Jungle Book Wildlife Adventure