The Ultimate Travelling Camp, Jaagir Lodge
Dudhwa Tiger Reserve
The wilderness is calling for you to visit Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, with promising opportunities to see rhino, elephant and tiger, as well as fishing cat and Terai langurs.
A charming and understated lodge is the best recommendation for this raw patch of wilderness. With a gorgeous bamboo enclosed spa and a choice of luxury suite or villa, you can combine the thrill of safari with a relaxing stay at the The Ultimate Travelling Camp's fourth property, Jaagir Lodge.
The Lodge operates 3 luxury rooms, 4 luxury suites, 4 pavilion villas and 2 brick villas in the grounds, with tasteful furnishings in a beautiful setting. The absence of televisions in the room allow you to unwind and be at one with your natural surroundings, but for those who wish to catch up on the latest news, there is a TV room in the main building. We thoroughly recommend the luxury villas or Jhallas, individual sanctuaries with inviting bathrooms and unique Terai thatched roofs. Alternatively, for an equally spacious and lavish option, the luxury suite offers a four-poster bed with separate living and dining areas.
The dining promises another delightful experience of freshly prepared Indian and fine Continental dishes with the stunning backdrop of forest and sugar cane fields as the only distraction from your food. Do take an evening to enjoy the lodge’s exclusive Library Bar which is a home away from home; a wood burning stove, antique interiors and not to mention a large array of fine whiskies to accompany your reading. Only the jungle sounds will echo across the rooftops to remind you of your whereabouts.
There is nothing more exciting than the soft hum of the jungle and birdsong to motivate you for your early morning game drives, accompanied by your own naturalist. There are three naturalists at the lodge, who provide knowledge and professionalism. The head naturalist, Amith Bangre, and his team will bring the magic of Dudhwa alive.
The Ultimate Travelling Camp's locations & dates:
- Chamba Camp, Diskit, Nubra Valley: 15 May to 30 September, 2019
- Chamba Camp, Thiksey, Ladakh: 15 May to 10 October, 2019
- Jaagir Lodge, Dudhwa: 15 November, 2018 to 15 June 2019, 15 November, 2019 to 15 June 2020
- Kishkinda Camp, Hampi: 01 October, 2018 to 15 April, 2019, 01 October, 2019 to 15 April, 2020
- Kohima Camp, Nagaland: 29 November to 12 December, 2019
- Sangam Nivas, Allahabad: 10 January to 06 March, 2019
Features in the following itineraries
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Leslie Siben, India