The Ultimate Travelling Camp, Sangam Nivas
The first truly mobile luxury camp in India, ‘The Ultimate Travelling Camp’ offers the opportunity to experience a variety of magnificent locations as it travels across India according to the best season and festivals. It all started at the Kumbh Mela in January 2013, during which time The Ultimate Travelling Camp hosted the only luxury tented camp in Allahabad. This nomadic camp visits remote locations in India where there is no luxury accommodation – if any accommodation at all – meaning that you can take the luxury with you and not have to compromise comfort for the experience.
The Ultimate Travelling Camp introduces their newest camp for the largest spiritual congregation in the world, the Ardh Kumbh Mela at Allahabad which commences from 15 January to 4 March, 2019. The Ardh Kumbh is a pious event with a 2,000-year-old history. It draws on the mind, body and soul of believers, and goes beyond simply understanding the philosophy of religion to a more spiritual and life transforming communion with the divine. As a launchpad to access this incredible event, this luxury tented camp allows you to connect with the spiritual and holistic aspects of the Ardh Kumbh.
The camp comprises of 46 specially appointed en-suite tents in two categories; 27 Super Luxury and 17 Luxury tents. All tents feature luxury amenities and a team of English speaking staff are on hand at all times. Additionally, Sangam Nivas also has a wellness centre and a unique dining tent which features a live kitchen serving exquisite vegetarian meals prepared keeping in accordance with the ancient Indian philosophy of Satvik food.
At the camp there is a specialist and knowledgeable Acharya on hand and the Ayurveda spa provides guests with therapies, massages, yoga and treatments of ancient Indian methods. There will be exclusive excursions into the very heart and soul of the Ardh Kumbh, providing guests with opportunities for photography, one-on-one interactions with sadhus and seers to immerse themselves in a sea of fervent devotees and soak up the mystical and marvellous energy and power of faith.
Unique highlights of Sangam Nivas camp:
- Interactive engagements with knowledgeable Acharyas at the camp
- Rejuvenating wellness and holistic spa experiences at the camp
- Learned and experienced guides, whose years of experiencing the Kumbh will allow the guests to enjoy special moments, interactions and humbling experiences
- Unique Satvik meal experiences created by carefully prepared wellness and holistic menus, fresh breads and vegetables
- Exclusive excursions into the soul of the Kumbh Mela creating unique and experiential opportunities for photography, one to one interaction with the sadhus and soaking in the mystical energy of the Kumbh
The Ultimate Travelling Camp's locations & dates:
- Chamba Camp, Diskit, Nubra Valley: 15 May to 30 September, 2019
- Chamba Camp, Thiksey, Ladakh: 15 May to 10 October, 2019
- Jaagir Lodge, Dudhwa: 15 November, 2018 to 15 June 2019, 15 November, 2019 to 15 June 2020
- Kishkinda Camp, Hampi: 01 October, 2018 to 15 April, 2019, 01 October, 2019 to 15 April, 2020
- Kohima Camp, Nagaland: 29 November to 12 December, 2019
- Sangam Nivas, Allahabad: 10 January to 06 March, 2019
Features in the following itineraries
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka