The Ultimate Travelling Camp, Kishkinda Camp
The first truly mobile luxury camp in India, ‘The Ultimate Travelling Camp’ offers the opportunity to experience a variety of magnificent locations as it travels across India according to the best season and festivals. It all started at the Kumbh Mela in January 2013, during which time The Ultimate Travelling Camp hosted the only luxury tented camp in Allahabad. This nomadic camp visits remote locations in India where there is little to no luxury accommodation – if any accommodation at all – meaning that you can take the luxury with you and not have to compromise comfort for the experience.
Journey back in time to the glorious ancient Vijayanagar Empire ruins of Hampi, with Kishkinda Camp. Fascinating Hampi, a UNESCO World Heritage site, located on the banks of the Tungabhadra River in central India, is truly a glimpse of the country’s history written in stone. As the capital of a mighty empire from the 14th century AD, Hampi’s grandeur is immediately evident. A startling landscape of palaces, immense temples and ruins, surrounded by vast scatterings of immense boulders, the landscape is utterly unlike anywhere else on earth.
Kishkinda Camp brings the ultimate luxury that you’ve come to expect from The Ultimate Travelling Camp; the colonial safari-themed tents, five-star cuisine, personalised butler service and hand-crafted décor. The camp operates 9 luxury suite tents and 1 Presidential suite tent, designed to evoke memories of the grand days of travelling, with leather-bound trunks, four-poster beds, comfortable armchairs, and all the amenities that define glamping. The kitchen serves up locally grown food, herbs and vegetables, prepared by their award-winning chefs, and there are experienced guides on hand to explore the awe-inspiring ruins of Hampi.
There are flights with TruJet to Vijayanagar Airport from Bangalore or Hyderabad which are very good.
The Ultimate Travelling Camp's locations & dates:
- Chamba Camp, Diskit, Nubra Valley: 15 May to 30 September, 2019
- Chamba Camp, Thiksey, Ladakh: 15 May to 10 October, 2019
- Jaagir Lodge, Dudhwa: 15 November, 2018 to 15 June 2019, 15 November, 2019 to 15 June 2020
- Kishkinda Camp, Hampi: 01 October, 2018 to 15 April, 2019, 01 October, 2019 to 15 April, 2020
- Kohima Camp, Nagaland: 29 November to 12 December, 2019
- Sangam Nivas, Allahabad: 10 January to 06 March, 2019
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Matthew Annable, Rajasthan, India