Park Hyatt Saigon
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
A firm Ampersand favourite, The Park Hyatt is arguably the grande dame in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Not only does it have a great central location, but its colonial architectural style is beautifully done, and the staff provide particularly attentive service.
Set in the historical square, overlooking the renowned Opera House, you’d be hard-pressed not to feel the buzz of the city right upon arrival here - especially as the bold exterior fits so harmoniously into its surroundings. Home to 245 well-appointed rooms, including 23 suites, this property is by no means small, but it succeeds in keeping a somewhat intimate atmosphere. The interior design pays homage to its colonial past, with high ceilings, wooden floors and elegant furniture, while also adding in modern twists – meaning that the overall effect is traditional and sophisticated yet fresh. Each room comes complete with a luxurious white marble en-suite and hi-tech comforts, from iPads to blue-tooth speakers, making a welcoming and soothing retreat to return to after a busy day of sightseeing. If you are in need of more relaxing spots, you can choose between reclining by the iconic swimming pool outside or treating yourself to a massage at the award-winning in-house Xuan spa.
The hotel comes alive at night when the martini bar, 2 Lam Son, and the two stylish restaurants attract a lively, well-heeled crowd. We highly recommend joining them for a drink before dining on excellent Vietnamese cuisine at either of the Park Hyatt’s restaurants. Choose between the signature restaurant Square One, with its chic French-Indochine interior design and French-inspired dishes, or the more relaxed trattoria-style restaurant, Opera - where you can enjoy Italian cuisine if you prefer.
During the weekend, make sure to enjoy afternoon tea in the Park Lounge – the perfect spot to relax and people-watch. The crystal chandeliers reflect the sunlight that floods in from the vast floor-to-ceiling windows and the high ceilings add to the bright and airy ambience while soothing music plays gently in the background – just heaven.
We recommend the Park Hyatt to both couples looking for a romantic place to stay and families looking for a cosy atmosphere as this hotel caters well to both thanks to its overall aesthetic, room layout and luxurious amenities. All in all, this is the place to stay in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)!
Features in the following itineraries
- A Family Adventure Holiday to Vietnam
- A Whistle-stop Tour of Vietnam
- Best of the Best Luxury Tour of Vietnam
- Bonjour Vietnam… A Fabulous Food-lover's Tour
- Classic Tour of Vietnam & Cambodia’s Temples of Angkor
- Gardens, Architecture & Customs of Japan
- Meandering Down the Mekong... Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam
- Pandaw Mekong Cruise... Vietnam & Cambodia
- Southern Vietnam & Cambodia’s Ancient Kingdom of Angkor
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Leslie Siben, India
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Matthew Annable, Rajasthan, India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka