Ampersand Travel has been arranging the very best holidays to Asia since 2003, and Southern Africa since 2016. We are recognised worldwide for our unique approach to each and every client; the goodwill and longstanding relationships we have created with our suppliers means our clients experience the country in a way that most never will. We all love what we do and take enormous pride in the success of the company; our team loyalty is also a testament to this. Based in our light and airy river facing office in Vauxhall, we know how to live well and are a fun, hardworking team – there is never a dull moment!
We are a small, fast-paced team, and you will enjoy a lot of variety at Ampersand. You should have good IT skills, be well organised with a flexible, can-do approach to work, and a strong ability to use initiative. You must also have a bright, warm, happy and helpful character. We also pride ourselves in our confidence with speaking on the phone with good etiquette and plenty of charm, so this is an invaluable skill to hold! Attention to detail is essential; our clients come from all over the world and expect their travel planning to be as enjoyable, seamless and perfect as their time on holiday.
If you don’t see the job you’re looking for, feel free to send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Travel Consultant
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: Experience Dependent
Benefits: Annual Performance Bonuses. Annual Travel Grant. Pension plan. Access to industry travel rates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using company systems, manage client bookings from enquiry and evaluation through to confirmation
- Courteously deal with clients in a professional manner through written and verbal communication
- Manage relationships with suppliers and ground agents to ensure best rates, levels of service and build strong ongoing relationships
- Ensure all client quotes are attractive, include all relevant costs and provide value for money
- Manage your sales targets
- Assist marketing with creating exciting and innovative itineraries that will be used to promote products on the website
- Attend educational trips to locations that you and your team are selling, and provide accurate information and marketing content for future promotion and marketing purposes
- Assist in providing social media content for the marketing division
- Keep up to date with travel trends and new products and share information with the team
- Be creative and suggest new ideas on how we can make our itineraries more attractive and how to grow our sales
- Contribute to the daily running of the office
- Warm, fun and charismatic personality with a strong team spirit
- Ability to muck in with a can-do approach to work
- Ability to stay calm, controlled, personable and professional under pressure, particularly during busy periods
- Be an effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Be comfortable with numbers and have a keen eye for detail
- Be committed to delivering high quality service consistently to clients
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Have good time management and organisational skills and be able to prioritise tasks as required
- Work to tight deadlines set by the clients or the business
- Demonstrate a keen enthusiasm for travel, design, food and living well
- Strong IT skills and experience in using Microsoft Office software i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Ideally at least 1 years’ experience in travel sales/working for a tour operator in a client facing role or sales support role.
- Have proficient knowledge of some or all our destination across Asia and Africa.
- Have travelled widely and stayed in a variety of hotels and locations, and are able to compare experiences
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Leslie Siben, India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Matthew Nicklin, North India