Family Adventure in Japan
13 days from £7,700 per person
This itinerary features in our Top 10 Family Holidays.
Tokyo is a blast of neon colour and just watching the city in action is a lot of fun in itself. You have a whole host of great theme parks to choose from, with Hello Kitty Land and Kidzania for younger children, and Fujikyu Highlands Rollercoaster Park for older ones and adrenaline lovers. There are also great views of Mount Fuji to be had from the top of the biggest drop, but if that sounds a bit much then there is a smaller coastal rollercoaster and dolphin park at Hakkeijima.
Catch the bullet train down to Osaka for the fun of the castle, the Ferris wheel and the new Harry Potter world at Universal Studios. The passageways of feudal castles and ancient temples in Kyoto then provide a great contrast to neon Japan, then it’s up into the Japan Alps for cycling and hot spring baths in scenic Takayama before another great castle in the mountain town of Matsumoto.
Round off your trip with a day trip from Tokyo to Hakone, where you’ve got one of the best chances of seeing the great mountain while having fun on the mountain railway, cable cars and mock pirate ships that get you around the national park. No family trip to Japan would be complete without trying out karaoke with lots of western songs to choose from. All of this can be experienced in one of the cleanest, safest and most child-friendly countries in the world.
This is purely a suggested itinerary so can be booked as it is, or used as a starting point for creating your own luxury tailor-made tour of Japan. If you'd like to see similar trips, take a look at our Epic Journey and Family Holiday collections; as well as our favourite Active and Train holidays.
13 days from £7,700 per person
- Day 1 - Capitol Hotel Tokyu - Tokyo
Arrive in Tokyo and private transfer to your hotel. Afternoon guided walking tour of Shinjuku and Shibuya area.
- Day 2 - Capitol Hotel Tokyu - Tokyo
Be a sumo or ninja experience.
- Day 3 - Capitol Hotel Tokyu - Tokyo
Day trip to Kamakura.
- Day 4 - Capitol Hotel Tokyu - Tokyo
Theme park day at Fujikyu Rollercoaster Park, Disneyland or Sea.
- Day 5 - Ritz-Carlton Osaka - Osaka
At leisure in Osaka.
- Day 6 - Ritz-Carlton Osaka - Osaka
Universal Studios and Harry Potter World.
- Day 7 - Granvia Kyoto - Kyoto
Full day private tour of Kyoto.
- Day 8 - Granvia Kyoto - Kyoto
Dress as a Maiko (junior Geisha) experience.
- Day 9 - Tanabe - Takayama
Half day private cycling tour in Takayama.
- Day 10 - Marunouchi Matsumoto - Matsumoto
At leisure in Matsumoto.
- Day 11 - Capitol Hotel Tokyu - Tokyo
At leisure in Tokyo.
- Day 12 - Capitol Hotel Tokyu - Tokyo
Day trip to Hakone, Mt Fuji national park.
- Day 13 - In transit.
Private transfer to the airport and day flight home.
- Matthew Nicklin, North India
- Mr David Wallace, North India
- Mr & Mrs Manson, North India
- Matthew Annable, Rajasthan, India
- Mr Geoffrey Johnson, India
- Jaime Benitez, South India
- Anonymous, India
- Krista Weir, Sri Lanka
- Mr Richard Stoughton, Sri Lanka
- Leslie Siben, India